The camp is organized by the CLUB FOR UNESCO OF PIRAEUS & ISLANDS
for groups aged 7-10, and 11-17 years old;
period of stay -14 days
Club for UNESCO of Piraeus and Islands International Youth Camp in Greece is a great educational and ecological holiday program for children at the Ionian coast! It is a unique camp that combines a healthy lifestyle and healthy thinking, sports and art, history and culture, education and leisure. The Club for UNESCO of Piraeus and Islands
Summer Camp is designed in ECO style. The leisure activities include learning foreign languages, sports, entertainment, games, quests and quizzes. Furthermore, it's the right daily routine, security, guardianship of the attendants, daily conversations, myths of Ancient Greece and excursions. And, of course, cultural activities, dancing, enjoy the sea, the sun and make a lot of new friends! The Summer Camp means permanent communication with educators only in English and daily lessons of English and Greek. The language modules have been provided by professional teachers and developed for children with language proﬁciency of levels A1-A2, B1-B2 in accordance with the international standards of the Association of Language Experts in Europe (ALTE) and approved by the CLUB FOR UNESCO OF PIRAEUS & ISLANDS. Accommodation at the "Ionian Beach Bungalows Resort" a seaside holiday village set in beautiful countryside on the north western shores of Peloponnese. The hotel is located in the village of Lakopetra, the busting city of Patras is only a 30 minutes drive away. This beautiful bungalow type hotel on the perfect Blue Flag beach offers rooms with all amenities, a restaurant, bars, great cuisine, internet, a pool, sports and entertainment facilities. The golden beach of Kalogria, an endless sandy beach with sky blue water and en exotic atmosphere, together with the pine forests of Strofylia, composes an idyllic landscape famous all around Europe. Hotel has 82 bungalows set in extensive gardens of over 10 acres, directly adjacent to a long sandy beach. All bungalows have a terrace, table with chairs, closes horse, en suit bathroom, air conditioning, TV, mini fridge, safe.
- Accommodation in triple rooms with amenities (a hairdryer, a refrigerator,air conditioning and a TV-set)
- 3 meals a day
- daily bathing in the sea or in the pool
- daily sport (yoga, pilates, aerobics)
- excursions to UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- English and Greek lenguage lessons every day
- Greek dancing lessons
- sports games and quests under the supervision of educators and trainers
- 24-hour security, medical service.
EXPERIENCE AND REPUTATION:
The area of the hotel is fenced and guarded. Entrance of outsiders, without a special pass, is FORBIDDEN.
Children are under 24-hour supervision of educators, trainers and attendants.
Kalavryta is a small mountainous town on the northern side of Peloponnese.Surrounded by beautiful landscape, Kalavryta is also a winter popular destination in Greece due to the ski center on the slopes of a Mount Helmos. A drive around there will bring you many interesting sights, including the Monastery of Mega Spileo, carved against the slopes of a mountain, where is a miraculous icon of Apostle Luke, historical Monastery of Agia Lavra, where the Greek Revolution of 1821 was first declared.
The most important spot in the history of Kalavryta was in December 1943, when the Nazi troops burnt down the village and killed all male inhabitants. A Holocaust Monument is set on a hill above the village to commemorate this tragedy.
In the western Peloponnese, in the "Valley of Gods" lies the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece, and the birthplace of the most important athletic mega-event of all times; The Olympic Games. These games were held to honor god Zeus and included a series of athletic competitions with representatives of all the Greek city-states.In fact, it was a great honor for a city-state to give birth to Olympic winners, whose only prize was an olive branch.Olympia is one of the most well known tourist destination in Greece, and one of the most powerful brand names worldwide. Interesting sights in Olympia are The Ancient Stadium, The Temples of Zeus and Hera, The Palaestra and the Workshop of Phidias. Ancient Olympia was included in UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE. It is one of the most visited places in Greece.
Admission to all museums and areas of all historical monuments of Greek culture is free of charge for our children and organized by the CLUB FOR UNESCO OF PIRAEUS & ISLANDS.Our guides introduce children the history of Ancient Greece, myths and monuments of architecture.The price of the two excursions is included in the price of the tour. There is also an opportunity to choose other different excursions for an additional payment.
- round tables
- meetings with interesting people
- quests and quizzes
- Greek traditional dance lessons
- master classes- evening walks
- celebration of birthdays and holidays
Greece is a country of the European Union and an entry into and stay in which is allowed only after having being granted a visa or with a bio-metric passport. Medical and sports insurance is required for the whole period of the child's stay abroad.The accompanying person is obliged: to supervise the safety of children during the tour, to be responsible for the preservation of all documents from the moment of departure of the children abroad and till the time of return to Ukraine. All children must have valid passports.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO TRAVEL IN GREECE:
1. The participation form
2. Official invitation from The Club for UNESCO of Piraeus and Islands
3. Valid Bio-metric passport for traveling abroad (copy and original)
4. Copy and original of the birth certificate
5. Certificate of marriage (divorce) of parents
6. Guarantee of both parents (the parents take on all expenses during the child's stay abroad) - this phrase must be in the guarantee; the original, certified by a notary public.
7. Confirmation by one of the parents about their income, or a certificate from the workplace, or a bank account.
THE TRAVELS ARE AVAILABLE ONLY SUBJECT TO PRELIMINARY BOOKING
fill the form in our site "participation in program 2018" or book it through the official representative of the exchange program "Apollon" of the CLUB FOR UNESCO OF PIRAEUS & ISLANDS
PRICE OF THE TOUR:
38 Euros for children and 40 Euros for adults ( till 30.06) and 40 Euros for children and 42 Euros for adults (from 01.07 till 1.09) per person per day
in the price are included:
- transfer in Greece (airport-hotel-airport)
- accommodation in hotel in three-bed rooms with amenities
- 3 meals a day
- two intensive historical and cultural heritage tours of the cultural monuments of Greece
- transportation costs in Greece
- all educational modules of English and Greek
- all educational and interactive modules
- photo and video
- all entertainment activities
- daily swimming in the sea under the supervision of educators
- Greek traditional dance lessons
- master classes
- preparation of documents, translations, etc.
- tourist taxes (in hotel reception)
- round flight to Athens
- support of a Ukrainian-speaking educator
TERMS FOR PARENTS:
- the possibility of purchasing the tour by parents
- the possibility of parents' and children's stay in one room
- excursions (tickets or entrances to all museums are extra payed by adults) and meals are included in the tour price
- filling in the form
- providing all documents for registration
- absence of contraindications concerning the health of the child
BOOK THE TOUR BY PHONE:
+380679224775 - Anna-Mariya Khmyz
Director for International Relations of the Club for UNESCO of Piraeus and Islands and Head of Youth Apollon and Poseidon Cultural Exchange Programs in Ukraine.
On the first day of the arrival at the camp, educators conduct instruction to children on all major issues.But the main request to you, parents, is to hold a conversation with your child about importance to observe the rules of stay in the camp, despite the protection, on the prohibition to leave or arbitrarily stay away from group, and the prohibition to travel independently in a country, the language of which the children do not understand. Although Greece is an extremely friendly country, one should remember the elementary safety rules. Recommend your child to be friendly and sociable in order to make as many friends as possible.
Club for UNESCO of Piraeus and Islands
Όμιλος UNESCO Πειραιώς & Νήσων"Building peace in the minds of people"
Πέτρου Ράλλη 210 & Θησέως 1,Νίκαια
Ms. Anna-Mariya Khmyz
International Relations Director of the Club and responsible for the youth exchange programs Apollon and Poseidon in Greece